Happy Mother's Day.

Mama calls me every often to say -lekera okwewamba (In our home; loosely translated to mean keep in touch dear child). 

Oh, the weight of Mama's touch - had she been a politician she'd be the greatest on the canvas of history, had she been a movie, she'd be an all-time best seller, had she been your friend, she'd be a crème de la crème. Well, your craft is safe as she's none of those things, but she is my mother- a top-notch disciplinarian and life's most noble gift.

Before I knew my name, she saw the best in me. For every first, she knew there would be a second. From fractures to failures, she's been my antidote. In every worthwhile book, she seems to have a page. In a fast-paced world, she's the only actual conservative. With a big heart that daily crossed the ocean that friengers (friends that became strangers) will become family.

With a third of life gone by, I look around for strength to carry on in a world that is drifting into an intellectual abyss with billions aboard. In this hour, with millions of references; Mama's chrysostomos comes to me, speaking infinite wisdom (clarity and certainty) from her incomparable, inconspicuous and incorruptible oikos.

I am always your child and forever you will be my mother.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mama's Day

Women on wheels.